Friday, December 20, 2013

Dragon egg nests finished

I haven't been writing.  I know.  Why?  Because I've been working and have done nothing!  Ha.

Anyway, this morning I am off since the schools had 1/2 days.  I finished the dragon egg nests.  The original nests were so neat and originally I was going to do them that way.  But then I realized how many creatures line their eggs up perfectly in their nests?  Maybe some do.  But not my dragons.






This was the nest awaiting the filling for the eggs.  The original nests used straw but I didn't have that.  And if I'm not sure I'll use it in the future, I don't want to buy it.
 
 
 




So I used mossy stuff and nestled the eggs in the mossy stuff.  They are not perfectly placed.  They fit my thoughts of dragon nests better.  And that is what poetic license is all about.


 
 
Now if you want to see how protective dragon parents are, please look at the photo below.  Papa Dragon and Mama Dragon want to put the nest with its eggs in the house.  There are two screaming children who do not belong in the house trying to prevent them from entering.  It promises to be interesting.  I will look in on them later.
 
 
 
So today I hope to accomplish something else.  I really don't like it when projects take so long but life just keeps getting in the way!
 
Until tomorrow,
 
Pat
 
P.S.  If you haven't already, please go to otterine.com blog and see her latest creation.  She is so talented.  I hope she wins the contest!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you asked about my sewing machine kit that I bought in the Netherlands. It was from this company so it might be worth contacting them and asking if they still do it.
    http://www.lutjeboudel.nl/miniaturen/miniaturen.php?mode=lijst&taal=en

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat! The little nests are so cute. I hope you come back to post about your 1/4 project. I would Looove to see how it turns out! :D

    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete