Friday, September 11, 2015

I am back.  I have, in the past few years, been getting stronger after my stroke.  So now I think I am well enough to share some more of my work.

I will post pix of what I have finished.  I will also post the projects in progress.

Also, I have joined up to participate in the contest from Undersized Urbanite (I call it U.U.).  I have a 1/4 scale dollhouse from Petite Properties.  I have until February 2016 to finish it.  Then it's time for the judging. So I will let everyone know how to vote!

I think that I will divide my future posts into three sections:  My work on the house for U.U. will be first, next I will post my projects in progress and then post my finished projects.

I hope some of you will come back to this blog.  I'll try to post several times each week.

U.U. House


This is the front of the house.  It is quarter-scale.  I painted it a silver grey with lighter grey and white trim.

Projects in Progress

 I saw this floating house while searching for something different.  I fell in love with it. It is built by SteelTec and I found there are many floating houses out there.

So I decided to design in in quarter-scale.

The photo on the right is my start.  I wanted the windows to slide like the original house.  That was so difficult.  I had to make channels, which were a challenge  I used this special plasticene sheet that I purchased at a model store.  I will use it for the bent side piece.
I put on the second story and because I want it to be shown, I left the top windows open with only a piece of plastic (for window panes) so the inside can be seen.  The grey posts you see on the corners of my house are from a thin cardboard roll my hubby found at work. I needed something for the top piece so I used the round plastic piece from the milk carton pull-up piece.  All painted grey.


I am getting ready to put the stairs on it.  I will post a picture of the original house with the stairs.

Finished Project

 This is from a kit.  A quarter scale building that I made into a coffee shop.  I made the pictures in the front part of the table and stools.  In the second picture, I put the QS chairs that I received from a friend.













This is the one side of the cafe.  The next pic is the other side.  It has a flowering vine creeping up the side, a flower bed at the end of the patio and a couch that was part of the set from a friend.  You can't hardly see it, but there is a skylight in the left photo.


So this is how I have been.  I will be working on the roof of the U.U. house this weekend.  I have to buy some more brown paint.

Until next time...

Pat













5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to to blogging! I wish you good health and creativity. I t will be lovely to follow your work. So far it looks good.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you back in the mini world. :D I love the inspiration house. I think your UU project will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's already so pretty, I'm always in awe of those who can do smaller than 1/12 scale. Thanks for joining the contest! I'm really looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pat,
    I hope you are getting better every day. It's lovely to see your projects.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Pat, it's great that you are back into your minis. I will watch your progress on the UU with great interest. The floating house looks very challenging but you are doing an excellent job of it and it will be a wonderful project when finished. I love your little coffee shop too. Good luck with it all!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete