Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Needed more leaves

I didn't work today so I decided to do the tulips en masse.  It was better doing them in an assembly line style.  I didn't put each new piece on until the glue was dry.  It worked out so well.  I don't know how others do each flower individually until it's done.  I had glue everywhere.  Ha!

Then, after I put the first leaf on all of them, I found that I ran out of leaves.  Had to paint some more.  And since both sides had to be painted, the coffee filter has to dry.  But I did find out something interesting when doing the leaves.  After several coats of paint, the coffee filter feels like leather!

So, I want to try doing the filters in different colors and trying to use them as leather.  What a fun project that will be.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to get all of my spring things gathered and made for the upcoming swap.  I have to get them mailed out by May 1.  Counting down now....  But hopefully, a trip to Michael's and AC Moore will do the job.  And after these flowers, I have 2 more things to make.  I'll keep you posted.

If I don't work tomorrow (and as of now I have nothing), I'll finish the flowers. 

Until then...

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment