Monday, March 25, 2013

Dressers for houses

Hello again.  Became  bogged down with life.  However, I feel better again. Went to neurologist today and he is happy with my progress.  I go for a Doppler test on Thursday to make sure there are no blockages in the blood vessels in my brain.  I hope they don't see any snowstorms. 

Snowed today.  Glad it was in the mid-30s with a somewhat warm ground -- it didn't stick -- yay!  I am off this week so trying to do some mini things.

Today I decided to make the dressers for three of the faerie village houses.  I found my little blocks.  They are the perfect size.  This is better than cutting mat board and much faster.  Believe it or not, this took a bit of time. 


I put two together and glued them, making sure they are straight. LOL  I let them dry for about 30 minutes to make sure they wouldn't move.


I did use mat board to cut out the "drawers" and stuck them to the front of the dressers.  That was probably the most difficult of all the steps!

 
 
I painted the mat pieces with the same paint.  Everything received two coats of paint.  I decided not to varnish them.

 
 
I took out my stash of beads.  Found these darling little green ones.  Voila! Drawer knobs.  


 
Tomorrow I plan to finish 2 of the beds.  Stay tuned.
 
Until then...
 
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment