Yesterday I worked on gardening gloves. Oh my goodness. They are quite cute at 1:12 scale. They are from a printie that I got online from Joann's Minis. There are a few on each page.
The first thing is to color them. I made 7 pair altogether, each in a different color, although only 4 pair are shown here. I used colored pencils and then a paper towel to smudge the color a bit. I colored before I cut them out. Seems simple but I know it's the first step. (Don't ask me how I know.) As per the instructions, I needed sharp scissors, glue and toothpicks.
After coloring, I cut each glove out, leaving the finger section intact. The gloves have two sides each.to make a full pair.
Taking a toothpick, I gently put glue around 3 sides, being careful not to get any of the center or in the opening. Then I put them wrong sides together but placed one of the toothpicks in the middle. It just has to be into the palm area. This allows it to have some dimension.
When dry, I then make my cuts for the fingers, removing the tiny pieces of paper between each. That's it. They are so cute, I think.
Then I cut out 2 pieces of foam board for the mattress. They fit in the bed and any size distortion is immediately gone. Love that.