Saturday, January 19, 2013

Glitches today

Cold and windy today.  Actually took a walk outside today with hubby at my side.  It was nice and involved a decline and an incline.  I also did my therapy exercises. 

Then I tried to begin on my village.  But something wasn't quite right.  I couldn't put my finger on it.  After a while of studying the structure of the village, I realized that we placed two crosspieces about 1 inch off from where it was supposed to be.  Ha!  It was cold and dark that night and we were working by porch light.  We'll fix it tomorrow.

So I didn't do anything today except take down the Christmas tree.  LOL

I did look at the stuff I bought to use for rocks and hills.  It is a square piece of builder's foam, used mostly for insulation.  I saw it on an online tutorial. It's supposed to be easy to cut.  We shall see.  It was only a few dollars.  The original color is purple and I understand it can be repainted with no problem.  And it doesn't fall apart like foam. 

Tomorrow is another day and I hope to be more creative.

Until then...

Pat

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're getting out a bit! On Brae's blog www.otterine.com there are several posts about landscaping, where she uses the purple foam.

    ReplyDelete