Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Started the small counter

Weather started out as nice with the sun out.  Didn't even seem cold going to work.  At outdoor recess, though, it was really cold.  The sun disappeared.  The weathermen said it was 52 degrees F. but I don't know where!

I didn't feel like messing around with the fencing tonight.  Hubby is at a meeting so I decided to clean out some of the craft drawers.  They needed it.

Then I thought I would begin the furniture from that kit.  I decided on doing one thing at a time.  At least that is what I say until I start another one.  However, the small counter is first.



As you can see, I glued on the sides after a light sanding.  They seemed to adhere well.  I then placed them securely in the gluing jig.  Honestly, I don't know how I ever managed without one of these jigs.  They are so great.  If you glue things, they are worth the money.

I thought that Friday evening, after our dinner out for date night, that I would be able to work on some village things.  Not.  Seems hubby's boss has invited us to his place for a dinner and small party for hubby's 77th birthday.  There goes Friday and our date night.

And there is a dinner-dance for the firemen on Saturday night.  There goes Saturday, too. LOL

So I might get some things done during the day on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm done for tonight.  I'll add some pieces tomorrow.  I'm going to paint these pieces instead of staining them.

Until then....

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment