Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Beds

Hi.  Worked in a 7th grade science class today.  They were so good and worked like they were supposed to.  Nice day.  However, I'm not used to working 5 days in a row, so I'm beginning to slow down in the brain!  LOL

I decided to make beds tonight.  The next batch of buildings include a few houses.  Beds are needed. 


I took the basic bed and created my own.  I added balsa wood pieces for stability.  I'll paint the wood tomorrow night.  I want to add some fancy things to the bedposts.  And of course, they will need a mattress and linens.  I love the colors of the ones on the left. 

I think for me the most difficult thing is keeping everything to size.  It's why I like this furniture book so much.  I stay within the scale, which is so important.

I decided to make the beds in different styles.  After all, you wouldn't want your neighbor having the same style bed you have! 

I will be trying to dresser, too.  Maybe tomorrow night.  I'll give the green building a second coat.  Maybe I can sew a skirt or two.

And now that's it for the night.  The three beds, while they don't look like much, took an hour to make. 

Off to sleep...until then....

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment