Friday, October 5, 2012

Book for Quarter Scale

 
I've been working out of a new book, a Quarter Scale furniture book created and printed by Petite Properties.  Honestly, everything is so tiny in this scale.  I plan to make the plans and try to create everything listed in the book.  Of course, everyone may be visiting me in the padded cell when I get finished.   :}

The plans are really nice and every little dimension is listed.  I don't know how well I will do but I plan to make the things and put my attempts step-by-step here on the blog, along with the process of the buildings.  It's where I got the idea for the little chests and I changed them to fit the firehouse.  I want to make several of the counters for the stores. 

Anyway, here's the book.  If you haven't looked at Petite Properties, you need to go and gaze.  I would like to get some of the buildings and add them to the ones I'm doing now, which are from Greenleaf.  We'll see if I can make this furniture!  I think I need another pair of tweezers, a middle-sized pair to add to my small and large ones.


I also am showing the inside of the booklet to show you the plans.  This book is out-of-print now but there is a second one and hints of a third.  If I can make some of these things, I will get the second book. 

So, until tomorrow...


Pat 

P.S.  I also won a miniature doll on one of my lists to which I subscribe.  It's a guy and I have to put him together and make him clothes.  Another project.  Poor hubby!




2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing your progress in this tiny scale, 1/12th is small enough for me!

    ReplyDelete