Saturday, October 13, 2012

Library progress

I made some progress on the library today on stairs, inside trim and roof.

The roof is now black and I will put another coat of black on it before I seal it with a clear satin finish.  I think it looks sharp, especially with the white.











I finished the inside trim and am ready to put up the second floor.  I also need to put a door on the front but haven't decided what to use on it.  The front looks crooked but it's just my photography skills.











The stair rails are drying now; you can still see the wet glue, which will dry clear and then be painted.  I hope to put them on the balcony tomorrow.  Of course, that's if I can find what to use for the 2nd floor balcony railing curve.  Any ideas???   I'm open to suggestions.


2nd floor balcony

I would like to make some bookcases tomorrow, too.  I'll see about the time limitations.  The days go by so fast, don't you think?

Hubby can't help for awhile.  He cut his thumb today and had to get 5 stitches.  So he's the advisor and spectator.
I finished a few skirts for the dolls this morning and have more to cut out and sew.  That will take a few hours, too.

Time to go to bed.  Hubby is falling asleep on the couch -- he's had a terrible day.

Until then....

Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment