Thursday, September 6, 2012

Halloween Start

Hi there!  Today was a busy day for me.  We are having a garage sale Saturday so I've been busy cleaning out things to sell.  And I also worked on a doll jumper because I made a mistake on it.  I wondered why it didn't fit the doll.  Turns out, I forgot part of the strap.  Oops.  Well, there is a saying, "As ye sew, so shall ye rip."  And I ripped it all out and started over on one spot.  I'm thankful to say I don't do it often but when it happens, it sure is annoying.

I bought 2 basswood coffins last year in Michael's.  I thought I'd work on them this year.  I don't know exactly what I want to do with them.  If I line them, I can never use them again for anything else. I've seen someone make a mini cabinet with them. I decided to paint them and decide.  One will be a cherry brown and one is a dark olive green. One is decorated already and one needs decorating.  I'll show you what I've done on one and I'm a little farther along on the other.



I'm hopeful that I'll know tomorrow what I'll be using these for. 

I was asked to show how to do the rugs for dollhouses or roomboxes.  I plan to do a short tutorial on Saturday.  So, if you want to do it, you'll need a needle or seam ripper, a piece of fabric that will be your carpet runner or throw rug and something to work on that won't be scratched. You will also need some type of fray check.  Some even used nail polish or even clear glue. 

 I'm going to be printing some quarter-scale printies on cardstock tomorrow so I can be ready for my house decorating.  I'm sure it will be interesting folding these little guys. 

Pat

 

No comments:

Post a Comment