Sunday, September 9, 2012

Quarter Scale Houses - Phase One



I am still having trouble with my blog.  I guess even after these few days, I might have to change.  I've tried contacting Google but they have tons of people whose blogs are messed up.  I will give them until the end of this week and if not, I'll switch over.  I'll let all of my followers know.  Thanks!

I'm not sure I'll be working tomorrow since it's only the 4th day of school but I search anyway.  If I don't work, I have so much to do here at home.

I unearthed the quarter scale houses from the storage cabinet.  Here they are pictured, all 6 of them.  Several have signs of what they originally were.  I'm deciding whether to keep them that way or change them.  Left to right: library, firehouse, gazebo, red house, general store and sweet shop.  These are the original colors as suggested and I was too busy working full time and attending college and teaching at night so I never thought of these as anything but a Christmas village.  Not any more!

I thought I would have a difficult time removing the backs, since they are meant to be closed houses for show and not use.  But since they are so old, the backs came off relatively easy.  I would like to add walls and a floor on those with a second story.  I'm anticipating this with great joy.  I'll show you each house over the next week and my plans for it.

And instead of waiting until these are completely finished, I plan to begin the new 6 buildings.  I would like to have them finished by the holidays.  I doubt Halloween but perhaps Christmas!

I ordered a furniture book to make quarter scale furniture so I'm hoping we can square the deal soon.  Paypal is giving the seller a difficult time (she's in England).  I'll keep you posted.

Pat

1 comment:

  1. What a great plan - it will be interesting to see what you do with these houses! I just love quarter scale as you probably know.

    ReplyDelete