Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today was a busy one...


The grouting is finally finished and I'm thankful.  I think it looks great.  I wanted it more rough than smooth and I finally had to use stuff from Martha Stewart and mix it with cream paint.  I think it looks great and it's just what I was trying to do.  Of course, I had to throw the brush away.

Then I decided to tackle the stairs.  I made the template and as usual with human hands, the cuts are not perfect.  No one will be able to run up and down -- they will probably go round and round.  However, I think they turned out great. I covered them with the same paper as the floor so the wood look would be consistent.  I had to find a way to keep them upright while putting in the treads so I used a cassette tape holder (yes, I still have some).  I can only put 2-3 treads on at a time.  Like them? What do you think?

I also am going to try and make the balcony slightly circular.  With railings.  And there needs to be railings on the stairs. 

Then I measured and cut out a counter for the firehouse.  It's cute and it will be placed permanently so it doesn't move all over. 









And last but not least, here is the building that will be for the magic shop, The Magic Muse.  I have to get a deeper purple.  The purple I have on hand is too light.  So while things are drying, I'll be working on this shop.



If I don't work tomorrow, it's a trip to Joann's early in the day. 

Until then...





Pat

1 comment:

  1. Clever you! The stairs have come out great, and now I know how you did the flooring - with paper vbg.

    ReplyDelete