Saturday, November 24, 2012

Castle plans on board

It was such a cold day today.  Remember the garbage piles I mentioned a week or so ago?  They are now moving this pile of garbage to our local landfill.  Amazing.  Clean up is still slow and today was not only cold but blustery. 

I did manage to get the tree put up.  Nothing is on it yet, of course.  It's 4 1/2 feet and we put it on a table with a board.  Tomorrow the lights go up.  We went to a friend's house for dinner and had no time for anything major.

We went to Michael's before dinner, though.  I bought two things, one with a 50% coupon, the only time I buy anything.  Or if it's on sale. 


I found these little blocks that are 3/8 inch for the village.  I have plans for these little things.  Stay tuned. 






I also bought, with the coupon, a template for circles.  When I make mini items in clay, I need an exact size.  It's so difficult using a regular ruler.  I've been wanting one of these and since I didn't find what I was looking for, I bought it.  I think it will be a useful tool.





Today I laid out the pattern on mat board so I can cut out the castle pieces tomorrow.  I really wanted to buy textured paper but didn't see any that struck my fancy.  I will have to do it myself.  But I am really happy with the way it looks on the mat board. 

Hopefully, I can get to it tomorrow.  In between putting the lights on the tree and hanging a few ornaments. 

Until then...

Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment