Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday and carriage house

Good evening.  Today was an interesting day as sub days go.  When I arrived at the school, I thought I was late.  Turned out there was a teacher's meeting before the students arrived.  Then I went into the office and was surprised when I saw a friend as the new secretary.  That was exciting.  I've known her for many years.  She told me I was in the Bilingual Kindergarten class.  Oh my.  I was quite nervous.  There was a paraprofessional in the room with me and she was wonderful.  The students were all Spanish speaking and cute as buttons.  They try so hard to speak English.  I think someday they will speak English beautifully. 

After I got home, I had a glass of wine and a short nap.  Those tiny kindergarten chairs kill me.  I'm 5'8" and the chairs are teeny.  :)

It's in the 60s here again and lovely outside.  I had inside lunch duty but the kids loved their outside recess.  The snow is almost all gone.  I heard a rumor that we may be getting a snowstorm next week.  (sigh)  And we were told that students will go for the 180 days no matter what.  I can see the full month of June being a long, long hot sticky month!

I finished the inside of the carriage house.  It is so serene and it will probably have a red exterior.  It won't be a carriage house in the village. Here's a photo.  I think the wallpaper is really so cute.  Remember -- the family who lives there are only several inches high.









Tomorrow is when I'll be working on the Victorian house. It is quite large and will take several days because everything has to dry, dry, dry!   

I have an idea for the second floors.  I saw it online and I'll change it somewhat to be what it needs to be in my houses.  

Tonight will be an early night.  Never know if I'll be working tomorrow and I'm exhausted today.  It stems from being a nonworker for so many days.  Everyone today in school was also experiencing a type of lag. 

So, until then...

Pat




1 comment:

  1. Seguro que tu nuevo proyecto queda fantastico, volvere para ver los avances.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete