Saturday, November 10, 2012

Two houses in progress

Hi.  Today was a beautiful day.  Warmer today so the snow is almost all melted.  Took out the AC today and put it in storage.  Hubby straightened up porch but it's difficult because we have an back porch awning that was ordered and needs to go up.  However, Sandy came in and then the snowstorm so it'll be about another week.  But it does take up room.

I redid the Tudor house inside walls with a gold paper over the yellow paint that I decided I didn't like. I kept the trim. I made the floor brown woodlike.  I'll add baseboards but maybe a stained wood, not white.  I did some research on Tudor houses and see they have a lot of wood inside and many, almost all, have lofts of some type.  We'll see how the roof goes on.







I put the tops over the bay windows today.  Then they had to dry.  Of course, what else?  I think they look nice.  I still don't know what color to make the front door.  Hmmm.....

It took me awhile to do just this little bit on both houses.  But I will begin the next house next week.  Maybe Monday.






It will probably be the one that is called the carriage house.  I've been doing research on it, too.  I don't know if it will be a carriage house for a carriage or a house.  Faeries don't really need carriages to travel.  We'll see. 

I also watched several videos on YouTube this morning on making trees of all kinds and sizes.  I don't want to spend dollars on trees if I don't have to do so.  I learned a lot and will be doing lots and lots of trees! 

Tomorrow is a doll show in Teaneck, NJ.  My dolls need shoes.  :)

Until then...

Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment