Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Only the porch today

Hi there.  Can you believe that the  nor'easter is bringing snow to us?  People who were trying to get their houses and yards in somewhat of an order had to leave.  Many still have no heat.  And it is so cold out there.  Last year, the east was so warm.  We're getting it this year.  I hope this is the end of it.

Today was a strange day for me.  I just couldn't get it together.  Ever have one of those days?  Today was it.  I think it's because I just wasn't feeling good this morning; perhaps it's due to sinus problems.  NJ is notorious for it.


However, I did manage to paint the section that will be the porch.  I painted the bay windows and put some of the windows in place.  I also glued on the window trim.  I painted the top and bottom of the bays.  It took me awhile to find them.  I thought they were the plastic trim stuff.  I looked and looked.  No, they were part of the wood pieces.  So I took them out of the wood sheet, sanded and then painted them.

I glued the porch wall in place.  I still don't know what I'm going to paint the house exterior.  I need to look at some light green paint.  I want it light light green.  Since this will be a florist's shop, I have to make flower containers.  I'll add it to my list.  Ha!




I ordered the second quarter-scale furniture book from Petite Properties.  Oh my goodness, the things in there made me itch to make them.  There is a writing bureau, a grandfather clock, a linen press, a study desk, a farmhouse table, a sink cabinet, a dining chair, a Georgian settee, a tester bed, a bedside cabinet, a dressing mirror, a medieval chair, a classic settle chair, a pedestal table, and a corner wash stand. 

I am really interested in the sink cabinet, table, chair, and desk.  I will probably end up making almost everything over time.  Another project.  I'm loaded down with them and love it!

Speaking to one of my followers, Sandie, she told me that she also liked to work on several projects at one time.  It's how I work and I've been doing it for years and years and ... well, you get the picture.

Does anyone out there like to work on only one thing at a time until it's done?  You are my hero. I can't do that.  My mind just never stops.

Tomorrow I have the two granddaughters, Sydney (10) and Kate (8).  I hope we can still get them even with the stupid snow.  Hubby will pick them up at Mom's office.  We'll take them for breakfast at the bagel shop where Hubby works part-time.  We are going to work on their roomboxes first.  And after lunch, I'm going to try out the cupcake mold.  They will be so excited; they haven't seen it yet.  And I have enough paint for them to "ice" their cupcakes.  Then it's spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.  Hubby takes them home about 6:30 on his way to the firehouse, his usual haunt on Thursday nights.  (He and other firemen take care of the trucks, etc.)

And then?  I'll collapse.  Maybe catch a nap.  But maybe I'll try a new "piece" of furniture from the new book.  I'll let you know!

Until then...


Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment