Monday, November 26, 2012

Castle started -- tough one

Hi.  Didn't work today so I had time to fiddle around with the castle.  It was a little more difficult than I originally anticipated.  Why?  Because I don't know how to put up a castle.

Original house with stucco
 
Back of castle keep









Tower

When I originally saw the picture of this castle, it looked easy. And I'm sure it is. However, there are a few pieces that I cannot figure out where they go. So I'm going to contact the main guy who wrote these directions. 

I was looking through my Christmas decorations and have lots for the mini village.  There were several sets of little people bought by a friend for my collection.  You know the ones.  Little and plastic.  Inexpensive.  Well, I didn't realize she had bought me so many.  I have a few for the village now.  Including a mayor and his wife.  Or a mayor and her husband.  LOL

I decided to put a light coat of stucco on the original house and the castle.  The tops of the towers will be different as will the cone covers (I forgot their actual names).   I started to make the side towers but I made them too small.  So I'll try again tomorrow. 

We are supposed to get snow and rain here tomorrow, starting during the night.  We don't need snow, no matter how little comes down. 

I was hoping to put the greenery on the tops of the houses while outside but it doesn't look promising for the next few days.  I have to put lots of newspaper down and do it here in the living room.  Should be interesting.  (smile)

So here are the items from today.  Oh yes, and my hubby found a knife with a nice handle.  It was in his toolbox.  Of course, just the little bit of cutting today dulled the blade.  As I said, maybe Santa will bring me some.

Catch you tomorrow.  Until then...

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment