Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cold and windy.  Sure does make it difficult for people to work on their houses that have been damaged by Superstorm Sandy.  Today was a day only for inside work.  Bitter cold outside.  People and businesses in the area have been busy collecting new toys for those children who have been displaced by the storm. 

Went to a Christmas party tonight and had a nice time.  Lots of good food.  I made a red velvet cake with marshmallow cream icing.  Turned out yummy.

But today I decided to begin decorating the Christmas tree for Rowena's house.  I can take my time with it because Rowena decided to go to France for the holidays since her house wasn't going to be done.  That's okay because it gives me more time. 

 
I found some nice beads to use as ornaments.  I tried to hang them by using thread and then tiny thin wires, but they still didn't look right.  I then decided to glue them on the branches.  That worked but it is a time-consuming process.  So it will take me awhile to finish it.  And I might put some poly on the beads after they are on the tree for the shine.

I am going to look for lights for it.  I didn't get them before because I wasn't sure how big the tree would end up being.  And I have several places where I can get them for 20% off.  Nice. 

I am still looking for a topper.  The tree also is a little heavy on one side.  I tried trimming it but don't want to lose the branches.  So I might just fudge it when I do the tree stand.    

After church tomorrow, we plan to be home all day so I'll be working on the tree again.  I also plan on finishing the deck on the flower shop. 

And after that, I don't have a clue what I'll be doing.  But whatever it is, I'll take photos and share them tomorrow night.

Until then....

Pat









1 comment:

  1. Привет!
    Мне нравится Ваша елка!
    Счастливого Рождества и Нового года!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete