Sunday, December 30, 2012

Garden Shop with patio

Still brrr weather here.  .However, I can breathe better so I am happy about that, at least. 

The meds hubby received at the ED are working fine.  Facial swelling is gone.

Today I started working on the sleigh.  I found white enamel so it will be white.  I did not realize until I began painting that it is oil-based.  So it takes a long time to dry and needs to be cleaned by turpentine.  I was a little bummed about it but it does have a beautiful shine.  I did half today.  I will paint the second half tomorrow.  Then it needs to be sanded lightly before the second coat is applied.

Then I turned my attention to the garden shop.  I laid the decking down and painted it white.  It looks so nice.  I decided it needed steps so I made them and attached them on the right side.  I think it all turned out great.  I wanted it to look like it was a working shop, not a new one so I left the decking as it is.

 
There are a few more things the deck needs.  Planters, pots and of course, a table and chairs and maybe a bench or two.  I thought it could use a few trees, too.  It is, after all, a garden shop.  There will be tea served there on occasion.

So tomorrow I will be busy.  I have to look for things to make planters.  Hmmm....I have a little batch of leftover wood pieces.

Until then....

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment