Sunday, December 16, 2012

Furniture piece finished

Rainy and cold.  I am not feeling so hot today.  Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Today I decided to put together another kit that I purchased from sdk miniatures llc.  It was a bummer.  Not because it was difficult.  No.  One of the doors had split in two different places.  Whoa boy.  But since it was on the inside of the cabinet, I put glue over it to hold it first.  That worked.

I really like the natural wood.  I don't know if I am going to use wax on it or not.  The attention to detail is really amazing.  At first I planned on painting it.  But I don't think so now. The doors do not open because I would have had to put teeny tiny hinges.  Putting the door handles on was enough for me!  And when something is that small, it doesn't have to open.  Talked myself out of the hinges, if you noticed!

I began another kit but didn't feel good enough to finish it.  One thing I know.  When you start one of these little things, you really need to feel good.  Like I said, the kits are not difficult.  They just require a lot of work with tweezers!  And don't ask why it's a little fuzzy.  I'm not sure if it was the camera or the person taking the photo.

While I was looking some blogs, I found this wonderful creation.  A little eye candy.

 
This is taken directly from his blog:  'Artist Patrick Acton created Hogwarts School, using 602,000 matchsticks held together with 15 gallons of carpenter's wood glue. It took him nearly three years to complete this masterpiece, which was based on Hollywood's version of Hogwarts seen in the Harry Potter movies. And it was later been sold to an attraction in Spain called "The House Of Katmandu". ' it was donated to Ripleys early in 2012.  The Ripley's website here is amazing.  Enjoy!

Sometimes if you poke on the photo, it will enlarge.

http://www.ripleys.com/weird/daily-dose-of-weird-wtf-blog/astonishing-architecture/matchstick-marvels/

His blog is so good.  Lots of things to look at.

Work tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing those little faces.  Maybe I'll finish the other piece of furniture tomorrow night.

Until then....

Pat 



No comments:

Post a Comment