Sunday, December 2, 2012

Other roofed houses

Hi.  I am still a bit under the weather so I rested today and took a much-needed nap.  The only thing I did of any importance was to make sure all of the pieces and parts were in the new dollhouse box and finish roofs on the other buildings.  The house won't be started until probably after the first of the year and we still have to find a place for it.   And no, I didn't do Rowena's house.  I'll hear about it from her, too. 

Something funny happened the other day.  I have been writing on this blog about the roofs of my buildings.  I think I talked about doing different things to them.  One of my comments was from a roofer who told me that all roofs needed good roofs.  It's probably someone who has a web-crawler program.  Funny?  I thought so.

I work tomorrow but get home early.  By 3 p.m. instead of of 4.  That hour means a lot.  I'll be in a 7th grade math class.  I love that particular group of teachers and students.  It should be a fun day.

I have the pictures of the other houses with their roofs.  They turned out nice.  I also am going to put a patio on one of them.  You can see the start of it as the base is done.  I have to find something for the patio part.  I didn't know I was going to put on a patio.  It just sort of happened.  LOL

Garden shop with patio


Side view of snowshoes
Front view of snowshoes
Oh yes, one more thing.  Found some snowshoe ornaments in Target.  I bought one to try it on my dolls.  I had to separate them, of course, which took a little time because I didn't want to nick the wood.  But they fit my dolls perfectly!  I had been wanting to make snowshoes and now have them.  The first pair was $3 but today we went back because hubby said all of the boys needed them.  They were marked down to $2.50.  So we bought the ones they had.  5 in all.  Here is the before and after shots. 
Snowshoes as ornaments

 
Enjoy your evening.  When I get the village up, there will be stories on here from those who live there.

Until then...

Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment